Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crime and Punishment

I was picking up one of my employees for work today because he was being punished by his parents for getting a low ACT score. His punishment being he was no longer able to have a car. On our way to work he described to me how strict his parents were. This got me thinking about how strict my parents were.
Overall I think my parents were pretty cool, however they were strict with all 8 of us kids. I being the youngest by a mere two minutes of my twin brother. ( I like to joke that he had to eat my crap while in the womb because I sat on top of him.) Anyway, my parents were strict, at least my father was. I remember one day I had gotten into a fight with one of my older brothers. Dad was furious, but he knew just what to do. He grabbed a pair of real handcuffs, he had given to me for my birthday, and handcuffed my brother and I together for an entire day. We literally had to do everything together and get along. If we didn't get along, another day would be added to our punishment.
We learned to get along with each other real quick and fight only when we knew dad wasn't around. However, Dad somehow seemed to be able to show up in the most unlikely of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment